A friend of mine recently asked me a question about what should she be aware when she prepares for in class writing assignment at my pervious college. I told her just pay attention to her thesis statement and make sure she has clear topic sentences along with transitions from one paragraph to the next. One of the easiest ways for me was follow each professions unique write strategies and accomplish each task based on their requirements. I also told her a simple five paragraph essay will works fine since she is a second language learner. In some colleges, teacher tends to be in favor with five paragraph essay since it is essay to follow. The one thing my friend told me was that she heard some of her classmates were complain about this certain style that teachers applied. I personally find this writing style helpful for beginning writers but I’m not sure it will work for high level writing assignments since professors’ require academic writings. In graduate program professor want to each student to be able to understand what academic writing is as well as being able to delivery it. I like how teachers have high expectations for their students to push them forward toward perfection when they express their ideas in writing.
A working script
8 years ago
The five-paragraph essay gives the novice writer some structure. Then, he or she can become much more creative. But at least there is a basis for writing!
ReplyDelete