Peer Review is important in Writing
I used to think that peer review classmates writing was a waste of time since I only considered and listened to the teacher's perspective. I recently learned that peer review as one of the techniques that each teachers can apply to help students improve their writings. when we are peer review other classmate's writing, we were not supposed to judge their style of writing or poor words choice and perhaps think we are better writers. It is normal that we disagree with other classmate's feedback but as long as we could be able to realize the mistake we made from their own point of view. During that time, we were supposed to review their piece of writing and learn from each classmate and their unique structure in term of writing. The results would have turned out better if the teacher emphasized the real intention about the reason why it was important for us to accomplish that tasks instead of allowed each students to think the whole process was waste of time. However, after taken that writing class I did learn that a good piece of writing require many drafts and proof readings.
No comments:
Post a Comment